The Trident 78 all analog consoles are all Trident through and through.
The Trident 78 is a cost effective mixing console tailored for engineers, studio owners, educational facilities, houses of worship, and live sound applications.
The 78’s are Split/lnline consoles with individual channels in 4-way panels. Using an 8 subgroup configuration and incorporating 6 Aux sends, its routing options are vast and simple to use. Connections are fast and easy with DB-25’s throughout the board and XLR’s for speaker and main outputs.
With the 80B EQ at its core, including selectable channel inserts and discrete preamps driving the inputs, the Trident 78 consoles offer a wide array of summing and mixing options. The uncompromised sonic quality and compact footprint of the 78’s are able to meet any demand.
Features found throughout the 78 make for a straightforward and powerful package, but paramount to all else is The Sound. Among the many styles, preferences and methods of recording exists the expectation that a board must have the ability to be pushed hard and sound big. This is a hallmark of the series 80 consoles and the 78 carries that tradition forward.
Bottom line: The Trident 78 was created with all of this in mind so that you can use it to make great sounding tracks.
The 78’s by design are manufactured to be a more cost effective variant of the fully modular 88’s. Incorporating a similar chassis design and the same meter bridge, the 78’s have a rugged and proven core. Using a simi-modular design the 78’s are able to effectively reduce their overall costs without a significant sacrifice to serviceability.
- All input channels are individual boards, faders included, each in a 4 channel panel.
- Subgroups are individual boards, faders included, each in a 4 channel pack.
- Master Channel is an individual channel separated from all others.
Since the inception of this configuration by Trident Audio on the A-Range console in the late 1960’s it has been adopted throughout the industry and remains a standard configuration for our consoles today.
- Dual Inputs to the channels with line and monitor inputs
- 4 Band EQ with sweeping mid bands and selectable low and high bands
- 27dB of headroom
- Channel Inserts
- Selectable EQ Path
The 78’s incorporate the same high quality Class A Discrete preamp as the 88’s. These preamps have lots of headroom and high gain fully capable of driving ribbon microphones.
- 60dB gain discrete preamp
- Balanced inputs
- Balanced inserts with full bypass
- Input Reverse Switch
- Mic/Line Switch
- Phantom Power Switch
The 78’s incorporate the iconic Series 80B console EQ as the main channel EQ throughout the console. This EQ is known throughout the industry for its musicality and ease of use.
- Selectable high bands at 8k and 12k
- Sweepable High and Low Mids
- Selectable low bands at 60Hz and 120Hz
- 50Hz High Pass Filter
- Selectable Channel Insert
The master section of the 78’s are laid out for ease of use and have all the necessary features to manage your monitors, talkback, and stereo returns.
The 78’s master section is an independent channel from the rest of console to ensure that your console’s master output functions can be easily and quickly serviced with little or no downtime.
- Main & Alt Monitor Control
- Mute, Dim & Mono Controls
- 2 On board Headphone connections with Gain
- 8 Subgroups
- 8 Stereo FX Returns
- Two 2 Track Returns
- Subgroup Monitor Returns
- 2 Mono and 1 Stereo AUX
- Subgroup Stereo FX Returns
- 1/8″ TRS Selectable Input
- Onboard or External Talkback Mic
- Selectable Output Transformer Option
Input Section Feature Highlights
Mic and Line Gain Control
Mic or Line levels on each channel.
I/P Reverse Switch
Flips channel input to the monitor section.
Meter Select Switch
Allows you to choose metering from the Direct Out or Monitor Return.
A fully discrete Class A design mic pre.
The Series 78 incorporates the classic four band equaliser which is identical to that employed in the Trident Series 80B console. It consists of frequency switchable high and low pass shelving sections, coupled with two swept low and high mid range bands and a switchable 50Hz, 12dB per octave filter. Furthermore the EQ has its own independent Insert. Either bypass the EQ or use any other outboard EQ or device in conjunction with each other.
Master and Aux Section Highlights
The master section features 6 AUX Masters each with Solo. AFL/PFL Master with level adjustment. In addition to the main speaker outputs there is also a separate ALT Monitor, each with level control, DIM, and on/off switches. The Monitor section allows the return of 2 separate stereo signals direct into the master section with level and mute. Or plug your portable device directly into the panel with a top mounted 1/8th inch TRS input. Through Talkback control you can talkback to the Auxes or the groups. Using either the onboard talkback mic or an external mic.
The Trident 78 is a split in-line console. This means you can switch the inputs on each channel providing an easy workflow when tracking and mixing.
The Trident 78 features 6 Aux sends all with pre or post fade selection, accessible on every channel. Stereo Aux 5/6 can also be sent to the Monitor section.
Download a High-Res Channel Rendering
The Trident Series 78 utilizes DB-25 connections for fast and easy configuration on the majority of the console inputs and outputs.
Trident 78 Console Photo Gallery
|Console||Trident 88||Trident 78||Trident 68||Rupert Neve 5088||API 1608||API Box||Audient ASP4816||SSL XL-Desk|
|Inputs - Mic Preamps||16 x XLR Class A Discrete with transformer option||16 via D Sub Class A Discrete||16 via D Sub||None (Optional)||None (Optional)||4 x XLR||16 x XLR||8 via DB25|
|Phantom Powered Inputs||16||16||16||None (Optional)||None (Optional)||4||16||8|
|Channel Inputs - Line||32 (16 Line and 16 Monitor on 1/4 "TRS)||32 D Sub||32 D Sub||32 (12 Mono 4 Stereo XLR and 16 Tape XLR)||32 (16 1/4" TRS Instrument and 16 XLR Line)||20 4 x TRS (input channels); 2 x DB25 (summing channels 1-8 and 9-16)||16 x TRS||48 (16 Line DB25 16 DAW DB25 16 500 DB25|
|Inputs - Other||19 8 Stereo FX 1/4" TRS, 8 Mono Monitor Returns 1/4" TRS, 2 Stereo 2 Track Returns 1/4" TRS, 1/8" Stereo Input (Ipod) External Talkback Mic XLR||19 8 Stereo FX D Sub, 8 Mono Monitor Returns D Sub, 2 Stereo 2 Track Returns D Sub, 1/8" Stereo Input (Ipod) External Talkback Mic XLR||19 8 Stereo FX D Sub, 8 Mono Monitor Returns D Sub, 2 Stereo 2 Track Returns D Sub, 1/8" Stereo Input (Ipod) External Talkback Mic XLR||12 8 Buss Input 1/4" TRS, 4 L/R Mono Returns XLR||32 16 Fader Input 1/4" TRS and 16 EQ Input 1/4" TRS with optional 500 units added||4 x TRS (instrument) 1 x DB25 (external 2-track inputs)||16 16 Monitor Inputs||4 Stereo via DB25|
|Number of Inputs to Mix||56 (all with EQ) 16 Channel Inputs 16 Channel Monitor Inputs 8 Stereo Effects Returns (=16) 8 Group Monitor Inputs||56 16 Channel Inputs 16 Channel Monitor Inputs 8 Stereo Effects Returns (=16) 8 Group Monitor Inputs||56 16 Channel Inputs 16 Channel Monitor Inputs 8 Stereo Effects Returns (=16) 8 Group Monitor Inputs||32 16 Channel Inputs 16 Tape Inputs||32 16 Channel Inputs 8 Buss Inputs||20 16 Summing Inputs 2 EQ Inputs 2 500 Slot Inputs||48 16 Channel Inputs 16 Monitor Inputs 4 Stereo Inputs||20 16 Mono 4 Stereo|
|Inserts||42 (16 Chan, 16 Mic Insert, 8 Subgroups and 2 Main)||25 (16 Chan, 8 Subgroup and 1 Main)||None (Optional)||26 16 chan 1/4" TRS, 8 Buss 1/4" TRS, 2 Main 1/4" TRS||16 1/4" TRS||16||16 Via DB25|
|EQ's||48 16 4 Band, 16 Tilt, 16 Hi/Lo||16 3 Band||16 3 Band||None (Optional)||None (Optional)||2||16||None (Optional)|
|EQ Bands||4 Band Sweepable (all 16 Inputs ) Tilt EQ (all 16 Channel Monitor I/Ps) Hi/Lo (all 8 Group Monitor Returns) Hi/Lo (All 8 Stereo FX Returns)||4 Band, Mid Bands Sweepable (all 16 Inputs )||3 Band Sweepable with adjustable Q||None (Optional)||None (Optional)||3-band, sweepable (x 2)||4 Band||None (Optional)|
|Aux Sends||8 4 Mono Pre/Post 2 Stereo Pre/Post,||6 4 Mono Pre/Post 1 Stereo Pre/Post,||6 4 Mono Pre/Post 1 Stereo Pre/Post,||8 Mono Pre/Post||8 Stereo Aux Pre/Post||4 x sends fed by 2 mono aux sends (1/2), and 1 stereo aux/cue send (3/4)||6 sends||2 via DB25|
|Outputs - Direct||16 1/4 TRS (Selectable post return or post fader)||16 D-Sub (Selectable post return or post fader)||16 D-Sub (Selectable post return or post fader)||16 XLR||16 XLR||16 via D-SUB||3 via D-SUB||16 Via DB25|
|Outputs - Main||2 XLR Main Out, 2 XLR Monitor Out, 2 Alt TRS Stereo, 2 TRS L/R Studio||2 XLR and D Sub Main Out, 1 XLR and D Sub Monitor Out, 2 D Sub L/R Studio||2 XLR and D Sub Main Out, 1 XLR and D Sub Monitor Out, 2 D Sub L/R Studio||2 x XLR L/R Main Out, 6 x XLR L/R (A,B,C Feeds)||2 XLR Main Out and 6 XLR Out for 5.1||2 x XLR (program); 4 x XLR (main, alt CR outputs)||8 x XLR||2 XLR L/R 3 x DB25|
|Outputs - Other||16 8 Aux Out 1/4" TRS 8 Group Out 1/4" TRS||14 6 Aux Out D-Sub 8 Group Out D-Sub||14 6 Aux Out D-Sub 8 Group Out D-Sub||8 Aux Outputs XLR||8 Echo Return to Optional 500 Slots 1/4" TRS||1 x DB25 (4 aux outputs / 2 cue outputs)||24 D-Sub Group Outputs||8 Stereo via DB25s|
|Busses/Groups||8||8||8||8||8||2||16||4 Stereo Buss|
|Headphones||1 x 1/4" TRS and 2 x 1/8 "||1 x 1/4" TRS and 2 x 1/8 "||1 1/4" TRS||1 1/4" TRS||1 x 1/4" TRS||No||1x 1/4" TRS|
|Meter Bridge||Full LED Stock, VU Optional||Full LED Stock, VU Optional||Full LED with Stereo VU's||No, Optional VU Bridge||Yes Full VU||2 VU Stereo Only||Yes LED||4 Stereo Mix LED Bargraphs|
|All competitor stats gathered from information available online.|
Trident Console Warranty
Trident Audio Developments Limited Warranty Statement
The following outlines the warranty periods for The Trident Analogue console. All extended coverage is based on the timely registration of said products within the 30 days of purchase to the original purchaser from the date of Proof Of Purchase. Proof of purchase is the original Bill Of Sale or Sales Invoice from an authorized dealer.
Inquire about extended warranty.
Trident Audio Developments is covered by a limited warranty against defects
in materials and workmanship (parts and labor) for a period of Two (2) Years from the date the unit is sold to the Dealer or original purchaser only.
Receive an additional free year warranty covering parts and labor with the registration of your console!
Acceptable registration is met by filling out online the warranty registration, along with a copy of the original sales receipt as proof of the original date of purchase. tridentaudiodevelopments.com/product-registration
The terms and conditions of this limited warranty are:
1. The warranty applies to Trident Audio Developments purchased from Trident Audio or authorized Trident Audio dealers. The authorized dealers of Trident Audio products are listed at each brands websites, or on the main page at tridentaudiodevelopments.com
2. The warranty covers any defects in materials and workmanship, and is limited to the repair or replacement of the original registered product. In its sole discretion, Trident Audio may either repair or replace the product with a product of the same model, or replace the product with a new model of a similar specification, when the same model is no longer available.
3. The warranty does not cover any of the following: damage caused by the user; spillages or moisture damage; neglect, abuse or misuse, including but not limited to the failure to use the products for its normal purpose in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions for use, failure to properly maintain the product in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, and/or the failure to use the products in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications; normal wear and tear; use of products with incompatible or faulty equipment; unauthorized modifications; repairs conducted by unauthorized persons or service center’s; the model and/or serial number being altered, removed or made illegible; accidents; or acts of God or any cause beyond the control of Trident Audio.
It does not cover damage caused by connecting to improper power voltage supply, cosmetic defects, such as paint finish, and general wear and tear. All consumables items such as fuses, meter bulbs and component shelf life on pots, faders and switches are covered by a 90 day limited warranty. Products sold in AS IN, B Stock, or DEMO model condition are not covered.
4. The warranty is applicable to the original purchaser throughout the warranty period as stated above or until original owner resells product. If a unit is received for warranty repair, and after complete examination and testing, no problem is found with the unit, customer will be charged for time, labor, and return shipping costs, presuming initial user error falsely caused the unit to be determined faulty, or no fault was found.
5. The warranty does not affect any statutory rights the original purchaser may have in accordance with the law applicable in the jurisdiction where the product was purchased, or any rights the original purchaser may have against the authorized dealer pursuant to their original purchase agreement.
6. Any claim pursuant to this warranty from the date of purchase of any Trident Audio Developments product must be returned, together with the original proof of purchase, to the authorized Trident Audio reseller that sold the product, or to the Trident Audio service center in either the USA or the UK. All returns to Trident Audio, Trident Audio UK or any Trident Audio Service Center must be in the original packing, accompanied by the issued Repair Authorization, and must be shipped to the address specified on the Return Authorization via insured freight at the customer’s own expense. Factory original packaging can be ordered from Trident Audio if the original has been thrown away. Customer will be charged for new factory original packaging if customer fails to ship product to Trident Audio in the original factory packaging. Trident Audio will not pay for express or overnight or other special service delivery.
7. Once the product has been received, the authorized Trident Audio service center will assess the warranty claim and arrange to either repair or replace in accordance with the warranty procedure prescribed by Trident Audio for their authorized service center network. The warranty replacement will be conducted by the authorized Trident Audio service center as promptly as possible and within a reasonable time from the date of submission of the warranty claim pending pandemic conditions. In all circumstances, a claimant under this warranty will be liable for all costs in delivering their Trident Audio brand product to the authorized service center for warranty replacement, and for all costs in collecting the repaired/replacement Trident Audio product from that authorized Trident Audio service center no matter what the distance may be. Trident Audio service center may waive the cost of return shipping after full inspection to determine cause of warranty.
8. Trident Audio will not accept any warranty replacement without the original proof or purchase of the Trident Audio product, and without the registration of the Trident Audio product within 30 days of purchase by mail, or online. It is the original purchaser’s responsibility to keep the original proof or purchase safe at all times, as Trident Audio is not obliged to provide a replacement of the original proof or purchase.
9. The warrantor assumes no liability for property damage, lost income, or any other incidental or consequential damage whatsoever which may result from failure of this product and it’s use.
10. A Trident Audio product that was not purchased through an authorized and legitimate sales channel is considered “Grey Market”. Warranties for Trident Audio Products purchased outside the USA will be covered by Trident Audio UK for that specific country or region, or by local Trident Audio distributors. Trident Audio product originally sold to the USA market and consequently resold overseas forfeits its warranty. American Trident Audio Dealers are forbidden to export Trident Audio Products. Non-American dealers are forbidden to export to the USA. “Grey Market” purchases are not covered by any warranty. In the case that a Trident Audio Product must be returned, it should be returned to the original place of purchase, or the Trident Audio factory, with proper return authorization. Returns from outside the USA, customer shall adhere to specific shipping, customs, and commercial invoicing instructions given with the Return Authorization. Trident Audio will not be responsible for transportation costs, Duties or customs fees related to any importation or re-exportation charges whatsoever.
11. Trident Audio shall not be liable for damages of the Trident Audio product arising out of the use or inability to use the Trident Audio product insofar as allowed to be disclaimed by law in the jurisdiction where the Trident Audio product was purchased.
Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be decided by arbitration in Los Angeles, California, in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association(the “Association) then in effect. Any award rendered by the Association shall be final, binding, and not subject to appeal, and may be enforced by any court of competent jurisdiction.
For Tech Support and Repair Authorisation, please contact:
US Service & Sales
1845 W. 169th Street Gardena, CA 90247
+1 (310) 323-9050